With Vamosa Technologies, T-Systems is a pioneer in enterprise level content migration. This is the practice of transforming, enhancing and moving data from one platform to another with minimum disruption to ongoing business activities. The use of leading edge software and a framework of policy based rules enables organisations to realise the highest benefit from their information assets.
The Vamosa Migration Method was created as a process to formalise the experience gained through many complex content migration projects and to provide an efficient and dependable migration solution.
In conjunction with a delivery team with unparalleled experience in data migration projects and a flexible, fully scalable toolset, T-Systems has the ability to accurately plan and deliver large scale migration projects. The process has been proven to increase quality and consistency through the entire migration process. It aims to:
- Provide a safe, secure and repeatable process designed to have minimal impact to ongoing business activities and is fundamental to a successful and consistent delivery
- Migrate data seamlessly from one platform to another while enhancing quality by improving metadata, removing duplication and applying structure
- Deliver an end to end migration process defined in seven distinct phases. Each phase with its own deliverables and quality ensured by checkpoints and validation of inputs/outputs at each stage
In summary, the phases of a migration project include:
- Initial project kick-off – aim to understand overall goal and requirement of the customer
- Analysis – obtain an understanding of the source with regards complexity, scope and volume
- Design – agree the transformations required to move the content from source to target
- Development & Test – build the bespoke migration requirements and internally test the development of the overall migration process
- Validation – formally, with input from the customer, execute small iterative development cycles that allow all stakeholders to verify the migration result delivers what has been agreed and meets expectation. Each iteration offers the opportunity for process improvement and refinement
- Execution – execute the formal migration, to coincide with the customer’s delivery requirement i.e. big bang or phased execution. When a content freeze is a requirement a delta migration phase can be included to include catch up migration runs prior to the switch over
- Closure – finalise the project with a support period, delivery of migration reports and project sign off
Overall, the migration process is flexible to ensure the project is delivered with the customers’ requirements in mind. The migration teams will use their expertise to make suggestions and recommendations to help ensure as smooth a transition from current mode of operation into the future mode of operation.
A series of follow up blogs will be released on each of the 7 phases, providing more insight into how these phases work in practice and how they can be tailored for specific projects.
Take the next step!
A division of T-Systems, Vamosa Technologies specializes in content migration to cloud, on-premises and hybrid cloud systems. With two decades of customer migrations, Vamosa Technologies has experience with a comprehensive range of leading enterprise content management systems. To learn more about services from Vamosa Technologies, please visit: vamosa.com or contact us.